Improving the Mind and Body’s Health with Tea, Mindfulness, and Meditation with Simon Cheng
It can be challenging for us to keep our health in check, especially when we’re busy working and trying to keep up with this fast-paced world. You must admit there are times when you find yourself wanting to indulge in something real and healthy to calm your mind. Meditation and mindfulness are useful in reducing stress and promoting emotional health balance. Include tea in the mix, and you have the perfect recipe for a relaxing time.
In this episode, Simon Cheng shares with us how going back to his roots and exploring medicinal plants changed his life. He discusses how meditation and mindfulness helped him be more connected to himself and his family. Simon also talks about the process of building the foundation of his business, Pique Tea.
If you're curious about meditation and herbal plants and how it can help you live your fullest potential, then listen to the full episode!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover the power of meditation and tea on your health journey.
- What is Pique Tea, and how does it stand out among the rest?
- How does Simon Cheng feel radically loved? Find out toward the end of the episode.
- Pique Tea website
- FREE meditation ebook! Create a daily meditation ritual in just seven days! Download BUILD YOUR DAILY MEDITATION RITUAL and other freebies at com!
Simon's Health Journey
- Simon grew up in Hong Kong, where drinking medicinal plants is a massive part of cuisine and culture.
- He went to the United States for college and spent ten years in finance. During this time, he immersed himself in work and, unfortunately, would often get sick.
- He would take a lot of antibiotics and consult with doctors. However, instead of getting better, he felt more ill, and his lungs collapsed.
- Simon went through an invasive surgery after being diagnosed with sleep apnea. After going through physical, emotional, and spiritual abuse, he realized there are alternative ways of healing he can try.
- He embarked on a healing exploration, meeting with amazing plant doctors, medicine, and meditation experts to discover the different available organic treatments.
How Simon Started Exploring Healing Modalities
- He felt like he was on a dead-end, and his experiences of going under the knife cause him great grief and suffering.
- Simon realized that the health system is a business and learned how to scrutinize products and services offered to him.
- He later realized he grew up with a culture rich with natural alternative treatments, so he went back to his roots to heal himself.
How Tea Became the Foundation of Simon's Business
- His grandfather's lifestyle and tea practices served as inspiration for his business.
- Hong Kong is famous for soups and tonics made with different herbs. The environment he grew up in champions the use of medicinal plants.
- The concept of health and longevity in Eastern culture is about early detection of imbalance. In contrast, Western culture focuses on the symptomatic approach to treatment.
- Eastern culture helps you develop awareness about energy and health irregularities, as well as identifying toxicity in your lifestyle.
Advice for People Who Aren't in Tune with Their Bodies
- Awareness does not work only subconsciously; it also has physical applications. You can also develop your awareness by using the functions of your senses.
- You can become aware of the toxins in your life by experiencing the authenticity of products and the environment.
- When you spend a lot of time with yourself, you start to notice the toxicity of other people's company. You manage this through healthy means.
- The awareness that is building up inside you allows you to be in tune with your body.
The Role of Meditation and Mindfulness
- According to Simon, the more he meditated, the more mindful he became.
- Through meditation, you can be more present in your life and to your family.
- You can give 100% of your attention to the people you’re interacting with and avoid distractions while conversing.
- Meditation enables you to be present and enjoy every single moment in your life.
Giving Time and Effort to Living Healthy
- Many people opt for quick fixes and instant gratification in healing and improving themselves. However, it simply doesn't work like that.
- It does not have to be hard, and it can be incredibly enjoyable.
- Don't treat healthy lifestyle choices like eating healthy or exercising as chores. You can enjoy the time doing it.
Simon's Biggest Gift to His Health
- Practicing mindfulness and learning physiological meditation is one of the most important things he has done.
- It improved his health and opened doors for his spiritual development.
Pique Tea's Crystallized Form
- He traveled to the Western part of China, where tea was first discovered.
- Natives made tea paste to alleviate the hardship in transporting medicinal plants from the mountains.
- Pique Tea incorporates the ways natives brew their tea. That's why Pique Tea is authentic and has won awards.
- Pique Tea crystals are more concentrated, screens for triple three toxins, and ingredients are more active due to heat removal.
5 Powerful Quotes
“How have I been following all the wrong medical advice, like completely abusing all the things that are important to myself, and not even getting any fulfillment in exchange? And so that was the moment that I decided to really take my health into my own hands and embark on a healing journey and exploration that continues every day.”
“When you spend a lot of time by yourself, walking in the forest, playing with your dog, hanging out with the kids, just meditating, you start to become hyper-aware of people that are toxic.”
“If it's truly something that I want to do that fills me, then I should be 100% present.”
On Meditation: “The more you practice it, the more your world expands.”
“We have this special ability to create outcomes and create things in our lives, but it requires that level of presence and intent.”
About the Guest
Simon Cheng is the CEO and co-founder of Pique Tea. He grew up in a household that encourages drinking medicinal plants and tea rituals in Hong Kong. After struggling with his health and hustling in the world of finance, he founded Pique Tea. It is the fastest growing tea brand in history and pioneered the world's first Cold Brew Tea Crystals. He continues to bring authenticity back in people's diets as Pique Tea continues to grow and help people to live healthier.
You can learn more about Pique Tea and its health benefits by visiting their website.
This Episode is Brought to you by:
GoMacro- Join GoMacro in supporting the amazing organization by going to gomacro.com and using promo code LOVED for 30% off plus free shipping!
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you help people improve their health through tea, mindfulness, and meditation? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To feeling radically loved,