Now displaying: Page 1
Jun 12, 2017
- Broaden Your Peripheral Vision: Years ago, while working as a personal assistant to a Celebrity I was often so troubled at the fact that I spent so much of my time worrying about things that were out of my control because I wanted to be the BEST at my job until I finally burnt myself out. I blamed it on the hours and my desire to want to finish my degree and would often become so resentful at the fact that I wasn’t doing what I wanted to do. I did end up quitting, but in hindsight I wish that I had instead just taken some time off. Sometimes that’s all we need, just a little bit of time to reflect, a little bit of space and then maybe flush things out from a place of less constraint. I would say if your feeling locked in, let yourself take that vacation time, or even just a home retreat so that you can give your body and mind some time to look at the big picture.
- Happiness Isn’t Out There, It’s already In HERE: When was the last time you were happy? Now, when was the last time you were happy at Work? What would you love to be doing with your time and your life RIGHT NOW? If the answer looks completely contrary to what you are doing right now that’s totally fine, but it might. If you’re having a hard time picturing what you want to do or what you would “like” to do when you grow up, think about what you don’t want to do. This may be a small clue in the puzzle of what is really going on.
- Ask and You Shall Receive: Once I finally got the courage to quit my job, I realized all of sudden I had no problem expressing why I was feeling the way I was. “Why do we wait until that very last day to tell the truth? It’s like when we argue with a partner, when we are in it all of a sudden the shit that ‘kind of’ bothered you last week because the straw that breaks the camels back! Many people assume their bosses know what they want and are ignoring them, but it’s just as likely that everyone’s caught up in their own little worlds. I have found this to be true more often then not. Often time the thigns that lead to a break are things that had never been brought up in the relationship to begin with. If you happen to be in this position, consider saying something. Suggest a new project that you want to work on or more money, a different schedule, a vacation? If the alternative here is to quit, what do you have to lose?
- You Have To Do The Work: Sometimes finding what truly drives you or what you want to do in life is a moving target. The constant change of our own nature can sometimes add to this stress of trying to find the “ONE” thing that’s going to fix all of our problems and make us so happy to wake up every morning. Do you think the guy that has to clear out the sewage pipes when they get clogged up wakes up every morning and can’t wait to clean out shit? No, (well at least my friend who actually has this job doesn’t) but he does love the fact that he can provide for his 3 kids and help take care of his father. That wakes him up in the best mood, and he can just go on his marry way and do what he needs to do. Our job in life doesn’t “just” require us to “show up” we HAVE to do the work. Stop using excuses to why you “can’t” and start thinking about all the ways YOU CAN, any thread of small effort.. is STILL EFFORT.
- Change Only Happens when there is Change: This can often really be the only thing that stands in the way between us and our happiness and contentment in what we do. Change what you can, mostly.. what you have control over. The first on that list would be… your ATTITUDE. Let’s just look at the situation for a moment, most of you reading this, if you are relating to what I’m saying here, can relate to the fact that your in the situation your in… because you put yourself there. So get into it…
Rishi Tea Giveway:
Rishi Matcha Essetials Giveaway on “Radically Loved Radio” iTunes Top Rated Yoga + Health Podcast! Giveaway: Post a picture of what your tea ritual looks like and tag me @rosiacosta and @rishitea using the hashtag #radicallylovedrishi to enter for a chance to win an entire Rishi Matcha Essentials Kit!
©©2021 Radically Loved All rights reserved