How Astrology Helps You Connect with the World, with Jessica Lanyadoo
Learning about the mysteries of the universe is fascinating because it affects everything that has been going on in our world. Did you know that astrology can help us understand how our lives unfold and take the necessary steps to bring the plight of the underprivileged to the forefront?
In today’s episode, astrologer Jessica Lanyadoo will share how astrology has helped her become aware of global social issues. She will also explain how she embraced her psychic ability, which led to her advocacy toward bringing positive change to the world on a spiritual level.
Check out the episode highlights below. Be sure to subscribe and listen to this podcast for a detailed discussion!
About Our Guest
Jessica Lanyadoo is an astrologer and a psychic medium who caters to different clients around the world. She has been giving consultations since 1995 and writing weekly horoscopes since 2003. She is a co-host of TLC’s digital show, Stargazing, and a resident astrologer of Girlboss and Chatelaine.
Connecting with the World Through Astrology
Tapping into Her Intuitive Desire
- Jessica has always been into astrology and the esoteric since she was a kid.
- During high school exams, she would always put hematite in her pocket to keep her grounded.
Embracing Her Psychic Ability
- There are different ways of being an astrologer, and Jessica is more of a counselor or a consulting astrologer.
- Through time, she was able to convince herself that she has a psychic ability to communicate with animals and the dead.
Effect of Cosmos in Our Energetic Field
- Astronomical cycles, such as Mercury retrograde or eclipses, dramatically impact the sustainability of the choices we make in life.
- Jessica says that astrology is a tool for understanding trends in the world and within ourselves.
Alignment of Stars
- By looking at our birth chart, we will understand the energy that is running through our lives.
- Astrology is a medium of understanding who you are and becoming more intimate with your highest self.
Looking at the Greater Whole
- The slow-moving outer planets, Neptune, Uranus, and Pluto, are called generational planets in astrology. They manifest the political and environmental climate a particular generation will live in.
- Jessica says the current placements of the generational planets are profound. This period is a time for dire consequences that are felt in the government, corporations, communities, and families.
What to Do as Conscious People
- Jessica says spiritual communities should talk more about social justice.
- Being completely disconnected from what’s happening in the world is also part of the problem.
- The more spiritual people stand in the front lines of conversations about social justice, the stronger the society becomes.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
- “Astrology, I will say, has a cyclical form of acceptance and cyclical form of falling out of grace with the dominant culture.”
- “The study of astrology is like building a sailboat. But the interpretation and the holding space for people is kind of like the wind catching the sails.”
- “Astrology is not a belief system. It's a tool for understanding, whether we're looking at understanding political trends or understanding your own trends.”
- “As we look at the world around us, we are seeing a global rise of strongmen and fascists in power. We are seeing a global rise of a question of which people matter, and to how many of the people, and at what costs.”
- “If we think discovering astrology or yoga or anything else somehow absolves us of the need to stand up for vulnerable people and signal-boost people who are doing the work on the front lines, then we're not actually paying attention.”
To know more about Jessica, you may reach her on her Twitter and Instagram. Visit her website if you want to know more about astrology or catch her webinars. Please help us continue this podcast going by subscribing on iTunes and write a review! Please share this episode with your friends, and don’t forget to send us messages on Instagram or Twitter. Thanks for listening!
USE CODE: ROSIE to get 35% OFF
for 15% off
Sign Up For My Newsletter!:
STUDY WITH ROSIE
Mentorship Program for 6 months (12.2.2019)
Yoga Nidra, and Panchakarma Refresh Retreat x Bali (January 25th-January 31st, 2020)
Finding Your Life's Purpose - SCOTLAND (May 2020)
The Art of Intention Retreat- Hawaii Summer 2020