Discover Your True Mentor in Integrating Wisdom
The unpleasant reality of growth may bury our dreams into the depths of despair. Along the way, we might stumble upon multiple failures that hinder us from moving forward. Misunderstandings often arise because we fail to transform errors into our own learning process.
In this episode, Tessa and Rosie exchanged ideas on the essence of encapsulating knowledge before relaying them to others. They define the traits of a good mentor and the reasons why we need their guidance. To keep the podcast exciting, Rosie shares her harsh experience and encounters with unexpected people before becoming the person she is now.
If you desire to embody your wisdom and search for your true mentorship, this episode is definitely for you!
This Episode is brought to you by...
Use Code: radicallyloved10 for 10% OFF your first purchase
Get started with ISSUU for FREE or if you sign up for a Premium account get 50% OFF using my code below
Promo Code: ROSIE
10% OFF your First Purchase
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover ways to integrate wisdom into your experiences.
- Learn how to assess and search for your right mentor.
- Find out how Rosie and Tessa feel radically loved by listening to the full episode!
Integrating Wisdom and Experience
- Embodying knowledge is key when imparting it to another.
- Mere pieces of training are inadequate in compensating experiences.
- Wisdom comes in lived experience. Without the experience, a person would encounter more issues than necessary.
- We have to be a ‘seasoned captain’ with an ‘equipped vessel’ to survive the tide.
- Becoming an expert at something is a ‘marathon’, not a ‘sprint’.
Process of Applying Knowledge
- Imitate, integrate, and then innovate from your mentors’ learnings.
- Have a mentor to mimic their teachings.
- Integrate the knowledge and put it into practice.
- Lastly, apply the teachings and practices of your own accord when you pursue something.
Searching for the Right Mentor
- When finding your mentor, assess it with the way they integrate their teachings.
- Utilize your instinct when choosing the right mentor for you.
- Embody and integrate the teachings of your mentor.
- Perfectionism shouldn’t stop us from delving into our pursuit.
- Being uncomfortable when attempting a new vocation is part of the process.
- First attempts are always the hardest.
- Some people are born with it, while others need to work harder to catch up.
- Wearing the beginner’s hat is a humbling, yet important experience to have.
Signs of a Good Mentor
- A good teacher tells you the difficulty of being in the learning process.
- Someone handing you your career on a silver platter won’t last you long in the industry.
- Achieving something substantial in life needs to stand the test of time.
Rosie’s Meeting with Her Book-Writing Agents
- Her psychic advised her to participate in a writer’s conference.
- During the conference, she proceeded to book pitch meeting sessions with three different agents.
- At first, she was unaware that a book proposal was required for the pitch sessions. Immediately, she created the proposal consisting of two pages through Google Docs.
- Her first rejection left her devastated. An agent told her that the meeting was a waste of both of their respective times.
- However, she met a person who granted her hope after the embarrassment. Listen to the podcast to find out how finding the right person guided Rosie through her book-writing journey.
Rosie’s Lessons from Harsh Realities
- She wouldn’t have changed the interaction she had with her first agent.
- The harshness was exactly what she needed to fuel her passion and proceed.
- The reality is that people would usually judge a person by their outward success instead of analyzing the work that has led to their current standing.
- Once you’ve accomplished your dream, external validation suddenly doesn’t even matter anymore.
Rosie’s Meeting with the Right Mentor
- You meet mentors at unexpected places.
- If it wasn’t because of her psychic’s advice, she wouldn’t be who she is right now.
- The late Michael Stone was also the reason she started her own podcast.
Tessa’s Closing Thoughts
- It’s never too late to delve into a new pursuit and learn something from it despite the failure.
- Transform the negative criticisms into a learning experience.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[10:14] “A captain with a well-equipped vessel that's not been seasoned, is dangerous.”
[20:41] “I feel like when we're not having those moments of discomfort, we're getting really settled in our little cozy blanket of staying the same.”
[28:32] “Google is your best friend when you have no idea where to start.”
[45:57] “We encourage you to utilize your own internal experience, use your wisdom, find the people in your life that are going to help you get there.”
[47:51] “What I guess I would say is how I'm feeling is that it's never too late to try again, to pick it up to fail again, and learn something new.”
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help others who are grieving a loss in their lives? Then trust your instinct and share what you've learned today on social media!
Don't forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
To feeling radically loved,