The two universal laws of impermanence are uncertainty and unpredictability. When life changes unexpectedly, we can often feel off balance, insecure, and unclear of what really matters and/or what to do next. This is normal. What can support us to reclaim our life and tap into our internal wisdom is re-asserting our strength of mind and heart.
Mindfulness and compassion are two important qualities that increase our resilience. At this pivotal time in our world, we need to cultivate both. Compassion in action has the ability to heal and transform oneself and thus the world into a place that takes the welfare of all beings into consideration.
How do I give away my power?
- When I listen to the critical and judgmental thoughts that disempower my worth, potential, and abilities.
- When I am going too fast.
- When I say yes, when I really mean no, or not yet.
- When I don’t listen to my feelings and needs.
- When I don’t stick up for myself and share my feelings and needs with others.
- When I am not taking good care of myself with exercise, meditation, nutrition,
connection, sleep, self-care, etc.
How do I feel empowered?
- When I slow down.
- When I ask for support.
- When I really listen and then take care and support my feelings and needs in action.
- When I share my truth in a kind and skillful way.
- When I claim my inherent good worth, kindness, and competence in the world.
- When I surround myself with people who love and accept me for me.
- When I spend time in nature.
- When I engage in healthy practices that nourish my mind, body, and heart like exercise, sleep, healthy food, connection, play, learning, and meditation.
- When I feel engaged in a community or group with a shared goal or intention.
- When I feel on purpose in my life.
- When I am creating.
- When I am helping others.