Practice Your Psychic Ability By Trusting Your Intuition
We’ve all heard and read fairy tales, legends, and folklore. Whether passed on by word of mouth or read from worn pages of old books, we are aware of the concepts of magic and . Witchcraft, tarot readings, rituals, and spells — people often view these practices as something to be feared and avoided. But we will learn that there is untapped power within each of us that we can use to create connections and guide us to answers.
With Alex Naranjo and Marlene Vargas, we look into the world of intuition. As founders of the House of Intuition, they share how their intuition led them to the lives they enjoy today. Amidst stereotypes and negative experiences, they use their voice to show the side of magic often ignored.
Are you interested in unlocking your psychic ability, magic, and intuition? Listen in to Rosie, Alex, and Marlene as they share their fresh perspective on the world of magic.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Explore your psychic ability, and be confident in your power!
- Discover what’s beyond the box with magic. Don’t let yourself be constrained.
- Find out how intuition can lead you to answers and give you a deeper connection.
About the House of Intuition
- The House of Intuition (HOI) came from Alex and Marlene's experimentation and their journeys alone and together.
- The book is an attempt to change people’s negative perceptions of spirituality and psychics.
- Despite being seen as taboo, Alex and Marlene want to show that this is not the case.
- The two met in 2007 during the start of the Great Recession. It was a time when people lost their businesses and much of their property.
- With their material world shaken, they wanted to look beyond religion for answers.
A Different Perspective on Magic
- Through an enlightening experience with tarot readings, Marlene realized the power of intuition. Tune in to the full episode to hear how Marlene found hope!
- Alex grew up in a religious household but felt constrained by religion. She reached beyond the limits to find what felt right for her.
- Writing the book was important to them because it gave them a voice to share people can do magic beyond the box society placed it in.
- Everything about HOI’s design and how it’s run has an intention.
- HOI wants people to learn that you don’t have to believe what everyone tells you to. Marlene shares her father’s experience with limpia (traditional Latino cleansing) and how it ended up not helping him in the full episode.
Being in a Vulnerable State
- Looking for guidance when in a bad situation can leave you vulnerable and open.
- Some readers will only tell you what you want to hear and not what you truly need to hear.
- Being vulnerable allows you to fall into a trap that often costs much but helps very little.
- Though most readers often start with good intentions, humans can fall to the temptation of taking advantage of their popularity.
- Readers should be a medium of communication, not the ones giving the message to the people.
The House of Intuition’s Purpose
- HOI wants to encourage people to be confident in their power to determine truth from lies.
- The shop is a place for authentic readers and teaching others how to tap into their power and control, especially during a reading.
- A reader wants to connect you to what you truly need. If a reading isn't resonating with you, it's better to stop and perhaps find someone else who can better connect you.
- But also consider that a message that isn't true may yet come true in the future. Marlene and Rosie share their experiences with readings that came true in the full episode.
Practicing Your Psychic Ability
- Everyone has a psychic ability that they can strengthen through use and practice.
- Alex and Marlene’s psychic nights include practicing the ability by trying to connect with your partner’s thoughts.
- One of their practices is the little psychic circle. This practice involves sitting in a circle and using breathing techniques and meditation to practice the psychic ability.
- The psychic ability is also built on confidence and knowing that you have a connection.
Exploring Your Intuition
- Manifesting your intentions into the material world can happen with asking and focusing.
- Thoughts are powerful. When you spend time cultivating what you want in your mind, you can manifest it into reality.
- You can develop your intuition to understand if something you want will serve your highest good.
- Practicing your ability helps you understand the communication spirit has with you.
- Marlene and Alex give more examples of practices to build your strength in your intuition in the full episode.
On Writing Their Book
- Society often viewed magical concepts with fear and avoidance.
- They wanted to write in a way that encourages readers to explore and strengthen their psychic ability.
- We all can use magic as a tool to use as we want to. Don't be afraid of it and what you can do with it.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[11:13] “Magic shouldn't be put in a box either. Just like religion, you shouldn't have to follow a recipe that's 300 years old when we're in modern times.”
[14:00] “You don't have to believe what everybody tells you. You have to empower yourself enough to know whether what somebody is telling you is true or not. If it resonates, great. If it doesn't, then it doesn't.”
[14:49] "Most of the time, when you go seeking for answers, you are already in a vulnerable place. Not only are you in a vulnerable place, if you're going to get guidance. . . you're not only vulnerable, you're open."
[18:35] “If the message isn't true, just put it in your back pocket. Don't chuck it yet, because it might come true in three months.”
[21:41] “Remember, your psychic ability is just a muscle that needs to be strengthened. We all have it, and it's like going to the psychic gym.”
About Marlene and Alex
Alex Naranjo and Marlene Vargas are the founders of the House of Intuition, which aims to bring hope, guidance, and power to those who feel lost and lacking. Established in 2010, the House of Intuition has only grown and become a source of knowledge for spiritual seekers. Open to all, they offer an array of magical items and services. They also hold classes and events for those who want to learn.
Alex and Marlene have also written their first book, Your Intuition Led You Here. Their own experiences and practice with magic have truly changed their lives for the better. Using their voice, they want to encourage many more to explore their spirituality just like they have.
If you want to learn more about Marlene, Alex, and the House of Intuition, you can visit their website. The House of Intuition is in Los Angeles, with more branches in locations all over the country.
This episode brought to you by
$10 OFF the starter bundle!
This episode brought to you by
Use code: loved20 for 20% off
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Magic isn’t all curses and voodoo. It is also intuition and seeking guidance. Do you want to encourage others to discover the wonders of magic? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To feeling radically loved,