Why Women’s Success Starts with Wellness with Fredi’s Chelsea and Mitch Glaser
In this fast-paced world, those who hustle often get rewarded. But does women's success have to put their health in jeopardy? Can we trade a fulfilling and healthy life for our jobs and financial security? As we’re going through a global pandemic, it may be the right time to ponder on this question.
This week, siblings Chelsea and Mitch Glaser introduce us to their company, Fredi, and how it aims to help women prioritize their wellness. They also discuss their journey toward self-care, the value of nootropics, and their advice for people having a hard time amid today’s global crisis.
If you want to know why wellness is central to women’s success, this episode is for you.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how you can be your best self by taking care of your health first.
- Learn how nootropics help improve the chances of women's success.
- What is Chelsea and Mitch’s definition of true happiness? Find out in the full episode.
Chelsea and Mitch’s Journey Before Fredi
- Fredi started when Mitch had a health scare due to working rigorous hours in Wall Street.
- He admits he neglected himself because he was scared of disappointing people. His wellness journey started once he became aware that he needed a drastic change to achieve true fulfillment.
- On the other hand, Chelsea started working for herself right out of college, pursuing several passion projects. She has a branding agency called Launch It Girl, which allowed her to work with ambitious women and launch their businesses.
- She experienced anxiety, panic attacks, and burnout due to her unrealistic expectations of career fulfillment.
How Fredi Came Together
- Chelsea encouraged Mitch to leave the industry that was sucking his soul and join her on the path of entrepreneurship.
- The brands that offer nootropics portray it as a masculine product. They want the calming effect and limitless feeling of nootropics to appeal to women, not just to men.
- Fredi aims to make a brand for women going through different dynamics and competing priorities.
Chelsea and Mitch’s Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Mitch decided to become an entrepreneur when he felt that he limits his potential to be fully creative. He wants to take control of his career.
- He also wants others to learn the wellness techniques he utilized to make his work manageable.
- Chelsea has always been an entrepreneur. Thus, she felt she had nothing to lose in pushing his brother's idea.
- Entrepreneurship allows Chelsea to avoid living in a rigid structure where she feels trapped and claustrophobic. She wants to live an authentic life that promotes her creative wave.
- For Chelsea, work shouldn't meddle with the most important people in your life: yourself, relationships, and family.
What Is Nootropics?
- Nootropic supplements are coffee and prescription medications that affect cognition, giving you more energy or focus.
- They contain all-natural ingredients such as herbs, mushrooms, and amino acids.
- They also have a calming effect and give a subtle boost to your day, helping you feel better and move forward more consistently toward your goals.
Managing Expectations Better
- At first, Chelsea struggles with meeting the unrealistic expectations she set for herself. Now she’s learned how to balance the mundane tasks by seeking help from others.
- Wellness taught Chelsea how to find fulfillment instead of expecting perfection. Moments of discomfort are normal, and a long-term scale of fulfillment is what's important.
- People often do not appreciate day-to-day fulfillment. It's all about sustainable joy.
- Your struggles will get worse for them to get your admission and attention. They will reach a tipping point, but they have always been there.
Why We’re Hard on Ourselves
- We don’t give ourselves the same compassion we give to others because we tend to second-guess and get stuck in our cycles.
- Taking care of yourself unleashes your best self, whether it's in your professional or personal life. You lose productivity when you let your health deteriorate.
- Sustainable self-care is crucial because you get a better sense of your feelings and better trust in your intuition. You’ll know how to get yourself back when you get into good practice.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[08:53] “And what I ended up doing was just really spinning my wheels for so long that I brought myself to this point of burnout just because I wasn't finding that thing that was truly fulfilling.”
[15:25] “Okay, I'm feeling good, I'm happy on a day to day basis, but am I really fulfilling a bigger potential? And am I doing something where I feel like, I'm being creative and really like doing something that is me, not just sort of doing a defined job and doing it better than the next person?”
[16:59] “You prioritize certain things with work, but it really shouldn't be more important than your life, and your relationships, and family.”
[23:51] “It's really not about constant happiness and constant overwhelming joy every day. What it is is a longer-term scale of fulfillment.”
[33:00] “When you take that time for yourself, you come back and you do work at its best level. And you show up as your best self.”
About Chelsea & Mitch
Chelsea and Mitch Glaser are the sister and brother co-founders of Fredi. It is a wellness brand helping women achieve career success by putting their wellness first.
Chelsea is a brand strategist and serial entrepreneur. She's also a co-founder of Launch It Girl, a brand and web design firm for ambitious women.
Mitch is a former Wall Street investment banker. The extreme stress and long work hours led him to a serious health scare, encouraging him to practice holistic wellness.
They joined forces to build Fredi to make it simpler for goal-oriented women to prioritize their wellness and help them feel and perform their best at work.
If you want to know more about Fredi, you may visit their website and Instagram.
This episode is brought to you by
You deserve to know what’s in your multivitamin. That’s why Ritual is offering my listeners 10% off during your first 3 months. Visit ritual.com/LOVED to start your Ritual today.
This episode is brought to you by NATIVE.
Get 20% your first order. Use code loved.
Get a 14 day free trial at optimize.me/loved and use the coupon code DEEP if you decide to sign up after your trial you’ll get 10% off. If you want more depth, Optimize will help you get there.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help promote holistic wellness for women’s success? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
To feeling radically loved,