Reclaiming Your Health Through Strength Training with Aly Orady
Staying on top of our health has become more crucial than ever. The pandemic has brought about so much uncertainty, and navigating it puts a strain on all aspects of our health. When we can’t find the motivation to exercise, technologies like Tonal personal trainer provide a solution to reclaim your health and jump-start a healthier lifestyle.
Aly Orady joins us in this episode to share how his journey toward a healthy lifestyle led him to build Tonal. He gives his take on health and fitness and talks about how Tonal is helping more people take better care of themselves. We can all draw inspiration from Aly’s mindset and positive energy when it comes to owning his health.
Tune in to this episode for some meaningful insights about shifting to a healthier lifestyle to reclaim your health!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover what you can do to make exercising more convenient.
- Learn more about Tonal and how it helps people reach their fitness goals.
- How does Aly feel radically loved? Find out toward the end of the episode.
- Follow Tonal on Facebook and Instagram.
- Subscribe to the Radically Loved newsletter to get more stories and updates.
- Create a daily meditation ritual in just seven days! Download BUILD YOUR DAILY MEDITATION RITUAL and other freebies at com!
- FREE workbook! Apply the lessons you learn from this episode as you listen! Sign up at com and I’ll send it right away!
How Aly Started with Tonal
- Growing up, Aly has always been unhealthy, overweight, and unathletic.
- He was also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and sleep apnea.
- Aly loved his career in engineering and technology. However, he realized he needed to do something to regain his health, so he quit his job to focus on his health.
- He spent nine months losing weight, mainly through strength training.
- He became a gym person, but at some point, he wished he could do everything at home instead. That’s what led to Tonal.
The Road to Transformation
- It can be intimidating, anxiety-inducing, and challenging at the start, but it is possible to build your confidence and reclaim your health.
- It entails focus and a mindset shift.
- Aly’s work compromised his health, and the decision to quit his job had a whole thought process behind it.
All About Tonal
- It is the most serious home fitness equipment. Even professional athletes use Tonal.
- It makes exercising more convenient and accessible.
- Tonal aims to create the experience of having a personal trainer guide you as you work toward your goals.
- The exercises are personalized to your goals and needs.
- Tonal is all about making you physically and mentally stronger through strength training and other exercises like yoga and Pilates.
The Importance of Self-Care
- Aly’s self-care revolves around strength training and healthy eating.
- He sees the importance of working out in the morning as his morning reset and mental break from his hectic work schedule.
- Moving and breathing are beneficial for your emotional well-being, especially during this pandemic.
- Invest in yourself and spend on things that can make you healthier.
- For Aly, mindfulness practice is the first thing he does when he wakes up. He likes to start his day right by getting his head in the right place.
- As a CEO, having a positive attitude helps him with day-to-day business.
- Aly has a mindset of being ready to take a leap of faith.
This episode is brought to you by DOFasting.
CODE: LOVED get 6 month fasting program with 50% off a 6 month plan and your first month free.
This episode is brought to you by TONAL.
$100 Off Smart Accessories Code: LOVED
This episode is brought to you by NATIVE.
Get 20% your first order. Use code loved.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[04:38] “I kind of woke up one morning, and I was just like, ‘This is a disaster.’ I'll admit it felt really desperate. It felt like if I didn't do something about this, I was just never gonna get my health back.”
[10:23] “I basically decided that I was going to approach my life with one lens until I’m healthy. If it’s not good for my health, I’m not doing it. If it’s good for my health, I’m doing it. And then the very next thing that popped into my mind is work is not good for my health right now.”
[24:52] “The thing about the body for me and why I love movement so much is because I would say that our issues are in tissues.”
[31:00] “I started Tonal because I wanted to help the world become healthier at the end of the day.”
[32:25] “And that leap of faith, it’s like one of the most powerful things that we have, and we just got to keep doing it.”
Aly Orady is the founder and CEO of Tonal. His health journey and transformation led him to build Tonal and share his passion for technology, health, and fitness. His ultimate goal is to help more people find access to a healthier lifestyle.
If you want to learn more about Aly’s work, you may visit Tonal’s website. You can also find Aly on Facebook and Instagram.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help people reclaim their health? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
To feeling radically loved,