How Use Holistic Health to Improve Your Life with Krista Berlincourt
The conventional health system often doesn't provide us the best picture of what a truly healthy body and mind look like. In a world where medicine and technology have become so advanced, there is the prevailing mindset if we take a pill, we’ll get better. It isn’t always the case. A holistic approach to health allows us to take a look at our body, mind, and spirit and see the root cause of our symptoms.
Joining us in this episode is an exceptional guest—Krista Berlincourt of Kenshō Health. She lets us in on the definition of holistic health and how it can help us move forward with our lives. We also talk about her personal experience in this journey and the lessons she learned that led her to the path of holistic wellness.
If you, too, want to open your door to holistic health, make sure you tune in to the episode!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how holistic health is so much more than conventional medicine.
- What is the cosmic wisdom of slowness and how doing less is better.
- How does Krista feel radically loved? Find out toward the end of the episode.
- Kenshō Health website
- FREE meditation ebook!Create a daily meditation ritual in just seven days! Download BUILD YOUR DAILY MEDITATION RITUAL and other freebies atcom!
A Platform for Everybody
- Kenshō is the first science-backed holistic health platform.
- People come to find two things: the very best holistic health providers across the country and reliable, science-based answers and information.
- The idea is to provide people with holistic health solutions that will work for them, with the tech boom and interest in holistic health in mind.
- They utilize the largest and oldest scientific publisher in the world that provides open-source information and research they've been aggregating for over 200 years.
- Their goal in Kenshō is to make health care accessible and easy to understand for everyone.
- She grew up in Oregon. Her parents were both naturalists and explorers.
- She has always had a deep connection with the natural. Her parents raised her to focus on understanding her connection with nature and look at life holistically.
- The household she grew up with wasn’t focused on stability and maintaining the conventional systems of a family.
- She took the waves that it brought internally. At a certain point in her life, that translated into a desire for healthier relationships.
Opening the Door to Holistic Health
- To find the support she needs, she asks herself, “Where could I grow?” and “What would help me?”
- Conventional medicine didn’t mirror the wisdom she knew from her upbringing. She spent ten years trying to get out of that.
- She was “super successful in the technology world,” having worked at Deutsche Telekom and Microsoft.
- But at 28, she was hospitalized. She started working with conventional doctors, but they didn't make any progress.
- It was a chronic condition that had her taking prednisone every single day and a cortisol steroid dosage every month. And she knew that there had to be a different way.
The Lessons in our Lives
- We all have those teachers in our lives, such as the losses and heartbreaks that stick with us and have a rapid transformational quality.
- In the ten years Krista spent getting out of conventional medicine, she reached a resounding conclusion: you can’t found a company that will make the world a healthy place unless you know it's not healthy for everyone.
- The holistic view of health, mind, body, and spirit is so much more than conventional medicine.
Expecting to Get Healthy Overnight
- We were taught that when something is wrong, taking something will suppress that symptom.
- Some pharmaceuticals treat acute symptoms but fail to address the root symptom.
- They create this relationship with the body where you're telling yourself that you need to fix it instantly.
Krista’s Biggest Lesson
- When something shows up, the symptom is a symptom. It’s not the thing; it’s the thing below these.
- She looks at what's causing that symptom and what's going on in her life.
- It comes with the recognition that you may be creating the stress with your habits and that you have to remove those.
The Power of Slowing Down
- She was living in three places—Portland, Austin, and New York—and they sold her last company in Spain.
- Along with this expansion, she had to take several international long-haul flights a year.
- She took a one-way trip to the Galapagos Islands with the sole mission of slowing down.
- Living in the Shimano community was the first time she spent her nights in the same place for 21 days in years.
- Constantly moving is not our natural state as people. The moment she removed all that, she got better.
The Cosmic Wisdom of Life
- If your body doesn’t get lit up by the idea of doing something, it’s not something that’s keeping you alive longer.
- The body only has so much energy. Decision fatigue is real fatigue.
- We have to remind ourselves of the cosmic wisdom of slowness and doing less.
Kenshō and Holistic Health
- There are 500,000 holistic health providers in the country that's equal to the size of the conventional medical system. But navigating that can feel challenging.
- They created Kenshō to help people find an answer and support them if they need it.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“It’s passive because we're young when that starts. We're taught when something's wrong, take something to suppress that symptom, and then you're done.”
“I remember him being like, ‘Just slow down and remember who the fuck you are.’”
“We do it because we have this hero complex that's been projected on us by society because someone somewhere told us that struggle makes us stronger.”
“You have to find that humor in the challenge but not absorb that challenge and think of it as like your muscle and life. Life should feel easy amidst the challenge.”
On being radically loved: “It comes from the inside. And it is like that nurturing and loving energy that's just my own.”
Krista Berlincourt is the CEO and co-founder of Kenshō Health, the first science-backed holistic health discovery platform, and provider network. Its mission is to create a healthier world by redefining what it means to be well. It blends modern science and machine learning with ancient wisdom to personalize health and wellness recommendations.
Get to know more about Kenshō Health by visiting their website and by following their Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook pages! You can reach Krista on Instagram and LinkedIn.
This episode is brought to you by Brooklinen
- Brooklinen’s Memorial Day Event is going on now, and you don’t want to miss out on all the big savings including their newest Hammam and Linen collections.
- But if you can’t wait, get 10% off your first order and free shipping with promo code [loved], only at Brooklinen.com
Brooklinen – everything you need to live your most comfortable life.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want others to open the door to holistic health? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To feeling radically loved,