Changing Your Money Story For A Life of Abundance with Samantha Skelly
Having the right mindset is everything, especially when it comes to money and abundance. After all, we attract what we expect. It is essential to shift our minds and not live our lives perceiving money negatively. What is your money story?
In today’s episode, Samantha Skelly will share valuable insights on how to change our money story. She will also talk about how that change can lead to a life of fullness and abundance. We also discuss how reaching our financial pinnacle enables us to create a meaningful impact and help other people.
Check out the episode highlights below. Be sure to subscribe and listen to this podcast for a detailed discussion!
Thank You To: Care/Of for supporting this episode!
For 50% off your first Care/of order, go to TakeCareOf.com and enter code: loved50
About Our Guest
Samantha Skelly is the founder and CEO of Hungry For Happiness. Their mission is to empower women who struggle with disordered eating and body image issues. Samantha also hosts The Hungry for Happiness Podcast and is the author of the book, Hungry for Happiness: One Woman's Journey from Fighting Food to Finding Freedom. She is also a visionary leader, entrepreneur, and speaker.
Changing Your Mindset For A Life of Abundance
Initial Introduction to Money
- Her parents split up when she was at a very young age.
- She grew up seeing these two worlds around money. Her mother has a more fluid relationship with money. Her father, on the other hand, is the complete opposite.
- She grew adopting her dad's fear-based thinking. Samantha felt like needs to protect her money, or else she's not going to be safe.
- Since then, she had to rewire everything in her system and rewire herself for wealth consciousness. Her parents’ money story is not hers.
The Lack Mentality and Wealth Mindset
- Money loves to circulate.
- We tend to hoard money because our mindset is rooted in scarcity and not having enough.
- When we are not certain with ourselves, we look at the external world to find something to make us feel safe.
- It is rooted in the feeling that we lack something.
- We've collectively decided that money keeps us safe, even though it doesn't at all.
Changing Your Mindset and Your Money Story
- You can teach yourself that you are rich, and money comes to you with ease and abundance.
- If our energy radiates "wanting," we are telling the universe that we lack something.
- Instead, you have to ask yourself, "What would the richest version of me do right now?"
Bringing Value to the World
- Your financial health is tied to your ability to expand your value to the world.
- It allows you to feel good, safe, and comfortable to create content and communicate your message.
- We need money to build, serve, transform lives, and raise the consciousness of the planet.
- We need to have a clean relationship with money. If our relationship with money is fractured, we're not allowing money to work with us. Instead, we are fighting it.
- Having money is about giving back and using it for the greater good.
Getting Rid of Conditional Self-Worth
- We link our bank accounts, the money we have, to our self-worth, which is the biggest trap and illusion.
- We are so worthy, regardless of what we have. Even if we lose everything tomorrow, we are still lovable and worthy.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
- “I can teach myself, teach my body, that I am rich, I am wealthy, I am abundant, money comes to me with ease and abundance, and it flows in and out effortlessly. And I add value to the marketplace, and I get rewarded handsomely for that—and I woke up every single day, during this time, because I put my ass on the line.”
- “Do not look at your current reality and your bank account for evidence on where you're going, because that'll screw you up all day long. I had to fundamentally pretend I didn't exist in my reality; I don't really like the term fake it 'til you make it,’ but it's like, ‘be it until you become it.’”
- “When our relationship with money is so fractured, and we're like, "Money is the root of all evil,” and blah, blah, blah—we have all these associations—we're not allowing money to work with us. We're fighting it. Well, we can't do that and expect to have abundance. And it's not about being greedy, it's about giving back.”
- “And I think that's where we get so caught up and why we're so forced into hustling for our worth is because we have that link of ‘my bank account is inherently tied to my self worth,’ which is the biggest trap and illusion of all time—we are so worthy, regardless.”
- “I feel radically loved when I am committed to my joy. And in that process of me being committed to my joy, I feel like the universe just dotes on me and loves me to be like, ‘Thank you for honoring yourself, and thank you for bringing so much light to your system so that you can radiate it out.’”
https://www.pausebreathwork.com/rosie and the code: RLOVE50 will give a 50% off discount
To know more about Samantha, you may reach her on her Twitter and Instagram. Visit her website to get your free breathwork audio and to know more about how to breathe out old scarcity patterns and welcome a life of abundance.
Please help us continue this podcast by subscribing on iTunes and write a review! Please share this episode with your friends, and don’t forget to send us messages on Instagram or Twitter. Thanks for listening!