Empowering Women Through Fashion & Styling with Char Roxborough
Fashion is so much more than glamor and celebrities. It showcases your personality and attitude in life. It can bring you confidence and encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, which changes the way you live entirely. Fashion can transform and empower you to become the woman you're always meant to be—strong and beautiful inside and out.
In this episode, Char Roxborough discusses the influence of fashion and styling in changing people's lives. She also shares the biggest and inspiring lessons she received from the women she looks up to. As a mother and a successful fashion stylist, Char gives advice not only about fashion but also about career.
If you want to know more about the power of fashion in women’s lives, listen to the full episode.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how fashion and style transform women's lives.
- Learn encouraging advice Char received from other women and the impactful lessons she acquired in her career as a fashion stylist.
- Char will share her definition of wisdom, the importance of surrounding yourself with good people, and why she doesn't like the word “no.”
- MODEbyCRK website
- Are you overwhelmingly stressed and wanting to truly connect to yourself? Listen to Radically Loved if you want to learn how to achieve mind/body/spirit connection, create more sustainable relationships, and find your life’s passion. Be sure to share your favorite episodes and leave a review!
- FREE workbook! Apply the lessons you learn from this episode as you listen! Enter your email below, and I’ll send it right away!
The Modern Styling World
- Everyone has their own journey. Thus, aspiring stylists should find the niche they want to be a part of.
- Char started her styling career in the music industry. There, she learned how to multitask, become more patient, and hustle without being stressed out.
- For Char, it's all about doing what you love to do.
- They have to work with different personalities in the fashion world. It's the job of the stylists not to change their clients’ identity but instead enhance it through fashion.
The Role of Styling in Transforming People
- Styling says a lot about an individual’s personality and identity. It is much more than putting articles of clothing that compliment one another to look good.
- Stylists take a little bit of everything and incorporate different elements to form one feeling or mood.
- Char doesn't want to be a trendsetter. She focuses on highlighting her and her clients' vibe through fashion.
Char's Styling Ethos
- Char has always loved fashion.
- When she was young, her mother would buy vintage and secondhand clothes for her because they can't afford to buy branded items.
- Char’s styling ethos revolves around timeless, effortless, modern pieces. She encourages everyone to buy clothes that make sense for them.
- Char's two-second rule — If you put something on and can't figure out how to make it happen or combine it with your other clothes, it's not the piece for you.
On Buying Clothes Online
- When buying clothes online, your familiarity with the brand, designer, texture, and fabric will help you ensure you're going to purchase quality items.
On Char's Collection, CRK X VIMMIA
- Having collaborated with different designers before, Char now wants to create an activewear lifestyle brand.
- Designing comes easily to Char. She knows her exact vision for the collection: to create unique and functional pieces of clothing.
- The collection is also for all mothers who are always on the go and don't have much time to figure out what pieces of clothing go well with each other.
Char's Biggest Lesson in Life
- According to Char, life is all about timing and patience. Focus on yourself and avoid comparing your life to the people around you.
- Char knows what works for her and her workspace. She is organized and thrives on multitasking.
- She likes to enjoy each day, especially with everything that's been going on with the world.
On Wisdom & Surrounding Yourself with Good People
- For Char, wisdom involves awareness of your surroundings, the people you bring into your life, listening to your intuition, and making wise decisions.
- The people you surround yourself with say a lot about you as a person. Friendships are all about quality, not quantity.
- To know if you have the right people in your life, you have to trust your intuition, just like when you're choosing the right outfit.
The Best Piece of Advice Char Had Ever Received
- When it's the right time for you, it will happen. Don't force things to come your way.
- Her mom always reminds her that everything is all about timing and encourages her to pray for the things she wants to receive.
- In her work, there's no such thing as, “How can I make this happen?” As a stylist, her job is to make things happen and get the job done.
Char's Rule of Not Saying “No”
- For Char, saying no sounds so aggressive.
- She avoids saying no to her daughter. Instead, she explains why she can't do something and redirects her to other things.
Inspiring Women in Char's Life
- She has always been inspired by her mom, from whom she got her fashion sense.
- Her best friend, Anastasia, also inspires Char. She has a make-up business and likes to help others.
- Char loves being inspired by women who can teach her new things.
Biggest Lessons Char Will Teach Her Daughter
- Char wants her daughter to love herself and never allow anyone to say she can't do something.
- She wants her daughter to listen to her instincts and believe in herself.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“It (styling) says a lot about your personality, who you are, where you came from, your background, what you love. It's just like you're creating basically your own movie.”
“I'm not a trendsetter because I'm not into setting trends. I just believe that you set your own vibe and you set your own mood of how you like to look, how you like to feel, what you want to shape your ideas and thoughts.”
“I always believe that when you buy things, buy things that make sense.”
“If you surround your lifestyle with people that just want to be there for the wrong reasons, then how could you build a proper relationship or friendship in that type of environment?”
“I have a daughter, and I want her to be inspired by powerful strong women, and make her own space and path in life, and help others.”
Char Roxborough is a celebrity fashion stylist, designer, fashion expert, and a mother. If you want to learn more about Char and her collection, you may visit her website. You can connect with her through Instagram or Twitter.
This episode is brought to you by SAKARA
Get 20% off your first order.
This episode is brought to you by
Get your first month for just $1.00
Enjoy The Podcast?
If you felt empowered from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach, inspire, and empower more women!
Do you want to help empower women through fashion? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To inspiring success and empowerment,