Following the Harmony of Your Inner Voice with Ally Brooke
Reaching for your dreams requires courage and determination. In achieving success, going through adversities and moments of hopelessness is inevitable. There will be dark times, but if you follow your inner voice, you will eventually see the light at the end of the tunnel. Your family, friends, and, most importantly, faith in yourself will get you to the place you’re destined to be.
In today’s episode, Ally Brooke, famous singer and former vocalist of Fifth Harmony, talks about her book, Finding Your Harmony: Dream Big, Have Faith, and Achieve More Than You Can Imagine. She shares how her unwavering faith helped her overcome her struggles in life especially in moments of hopelessness and grief. Ally’s warrior spirit will inspire you to keep fighting for your dreams.
Tune in to this episode if you want to follow your inner voice until you reach your dreams.
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how having unwavering faith can help you overcome any obstacle.
- Hear Ally's advice for people who are currently struggling with their careers.
- Ally will share how she feels radically loved toward the end of the episode.
About Her Book
- Ally's book, Finding Your Harmony, talks about her life growing up in a Mexican-American household and the adversities she had to face to achieve her dreams.
- Selena is Ally's biggest inspiration in music. For Ally, Selena’s success as a woman and as an artist is amazing.
A Pivotal Moment
- One of the most memorable moments was when she and her mom cried together in an apartment. That moment fueled her to reach for her dreams
- When Ally was young, she felt like an outsider and inadequate to other people. She says that it was one of her mom’s hardest days as a parent.
- The day after, she wrote her first ever song called, "To Be You" as a love letter for herself.
On Giving Young Kids Hope
- Through her book, Ally wants to inspire the younger generation who feel like they're not good enough.
- She wants them to know that there is hope, and they can overcome anything. She says that their emotions are valid, and they're not alone.
- Ally thinks that you will always come out of your pain stronger than ever before.
- Ally had many moments of rejection and hopelessness before she was able to succeed. In her book, she shares some things that “almost happened” in her career.
- Ally still can't believe she was able to overcome so many struggles. She believes it changed her for the better and gave her more reasons to persevere in life.
- She reminds us not to give up and that the best is yet to come.
Why Support Is Important
- For Ally, Hispanic and Latin families can be best described in four words: family, faith, food, and love.
- Ally's family had to make a lot of sacrifices to help her career. For her, she owes everything to her parents.
- Everyone is trying to find a community that empowers and uplifts them.
- Helping and encouraging someone else always lead to moments of beautiful bonds and friendships. You begin to build your community by being there for others.
- Supporting others can help you find your path.
Turning This Year’s Challenges into Opportunities
- Ally describes 2020 as a dynamic year.
- Due to the coronavirus, she had to cancel her tour which saddens her.
- Ally still believes that she would get back to the stage soon. She sees this pause as an opportunity to spend time with her family and friends and to take care of herself.
- The break allowed Ally more time to work on her music and shoot her first ever film.
Listening to Your Inner Voice Amid the Pandemic
- Ally encourages everyone to stay patient and have faith. God has a plan in everyone's lives.
- Hardships come to strengthen the faith inside of you.
- You're not alone.
- It's okay to cry and question. Your pain is validated.
- There is hope amid so much darkness.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
[11:22] “As a young child, you should just be enjoying your life, enjoying being a kid, you know? And not feeling all this insecurity, and all these feelings of, ‘Oh my gosh, I'm not good enough for my clothes, don't look like their clothes, or my teeth are crooked, and I'm not pretty because they have perfect teeth.’”
[28:44] “When you finally get to a place where you see the light, and it's shining on you, you feel that warmth, that of being in dark and cold for so long is phenomenal. And I owe it all to them. I owe everything to my parents.”
[30:54] “When you're there for other people, beautiful things can happen. And that could lead to such a beautiful road of friendships and relationships.”
[38:25] “God has a plan for you in your life. And sometimes we have to endure the storm, we have to endure the desert, but many times, God will just take care of you and he will get you out of that place.”
[39:18] “But know that you have so much inside of yourself that can get through anything—that you're powerful, you're brave, it's okay to cry, it's okay to question. It's also okay to be strong, and to try to be positive, and to feel the way that you want to feel, but just know that there is a plan that you will see the rising sun again. That there is hope in the midst of so much darkness.”
Ally Brooke is an American singer and a former member of the girl group Fifth Harmony. She is now pursuing a solo career and has published her book, Finding Your Harmony: Dream Big, Have Faith, and Achiever More Than You Can Imagine.
Connect with Ally on these platforms!
Enjoy The Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help people follow their inner voice? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to follow and message us on these platforms!
To feeling radically loved,