Improve Your Skin’s Health by Understanding What You Eat with Dr. Nigma Talib
Nothing is more enjoyable than eating chocolates and candies. Although they have a lot of sugar, they do not do sweet things to our bodies. In reality, they pose various detrimental effects on our skin's health.
In today's episode, Dr. Nigma Talib discusses how consuming sugar can have adverse effects on your skin. An expert in naturopathic medicine, she also talks about what types of food you can consume and avoid. She also shares how you can develop a healthy self-care routine during this period.
Listen to this episode if you are struggling with feeling radically loved during this time!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- You will learn how sugar impacts your skin's health.
- Discover what food you should consume and avoid.
- Get practical tips on developing a healthy self-care routine.
How to Get Back to a Healthy Track
- Going back to our detrimental habits is normal because stress and anxiety trigger our “go-to” feelings.
- The first step to getting back on a healthy track is recognizing your unhealthy obsession is a mistake.
- Allow your body to feel and indulge in what you want, but get back to your usual healthy lifestyle as soon as possible.
- The new normal is about resetting and rebalancing ourselves.
What Sugar Does to Our Skin
- Eating sugar-rich food results in skin sagging.
- It affects collagen formation, our immune function, and gut microbiome health. Learn more about these by listening to the full episode!
- Sugar comes in various types and forms. Learn more about natural healthy sugar by listening to the full episode!
Taking Care of Your Skin Inside Out
- What you consume can cause biochemical changes to your body.
- Focus on taking care of your intestines because your inside health will directly manifest outside.
- Applying topicals on your skin is also a must.
The Benefits of Sugar Body Scrubs
- Sugar body scrubs contain cane sugar, which has an exfoliative property.
- Exfoliating with these body scrubs is an essential part of a healthy self-care routine, especially as we age.
- Learn more about Rosie's and Dr. Nigma's exfoliant recipes by listening to the full episode!
Dairy vs. Sugar
- Sugar is synthetic, and consuming dairy is terrible in so many ways, especially for people with skin issues.
- Patients who avoided these two products have come off all medications and steroids.
- What we consume will later manifest as we age.
Dr. Nigma's 4-Week Eating Plan
- People who have bad acne or eczema can take this plan for a longer time.
- Her eating plan follows the 80:20 rule when it comes to reintroducing food into our bodies. Learn more about this rule by listening to the full episode!
- It is possible to gain complete control over what we consume.
- Sugar, dairy, and alcohol are the culprits of poor gut and skin health.
What Food Should You Consume?
- Incorporate more vegetables, fruits, proteins, and healthy grains into your diet.
- There are better natural alternatives to sugar, dairy, and alcohol.
The Impact of Caffeine
- Using caffeine to stay awake or wake up is unhealthy.
- It can cause anxiety and can be an indicator adrenal gland problems.
- Drinking coffee is very individualized, but we must learn how to drink it healthily.
- Prioritize what your body is telling you instead of denying it.
- Meditating and feeling all your feelings is a must.
- Use things in the kitchen to make home face masks. Learn more about the ingredients by listening to the full episode!
- Invite the people you are with to do the same.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“When you don't understand something is why you have a block in doing the very thing that you should be doing.”
“Instead of making us, ourselves, feel bad about what we did, or we didn't do, or what we should be accomplishing during this time, or what we are not supposed to be accomplishing, I think it's just let it be.”
“We need to look at it as a resetting and a rebalancing for ourselves and giving ourselves the opportunity to do the things we've always wanted to do both health-wise, business-wise friendship, family, all of that.”
“If it's doing this to your skin, what is it doing elsewhere in your body? Because you have to remember here: whatever you do now is going to be a delayed effect 20 years down the road.”
“Everything has its use in life. And if you're using it (coffee) in a way that's healthy and it's not to try to keep yourself awake or to wake yourself up, that's great.”
About Dr. Nigma
Dr. Nigma Talib is a naturopathic doctor based in Los Angeles, California and the founder of Healthydoc clinics. Dr. Nigma is also the author of Reverse The Signs Of Ageing and Younger Skin Starts In The Gut.
Her clinic offers unique science-based supplements and skin care product lines. She is also one of the pioneers of vitamin supplements in the fashion industry. With over 17 years of experience, she is a heavily sought-after speaker and educator.
If you are curious about her work, you may contact her through the Healthydoc website.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help people prioritize their health and wellness during this global pandemic? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To feeling radically loved,