How to Awaken Your Spiritual Ninja During Quarantine with Janelle Christa
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced most of us into loneliness and isolation. It is even harder for people who have no one to be with during this time. Now, we're stuck in our own spaces, trying our hardest to be positive and do things as normally we can. How can mindfulness and meditation play a role in easing our fear and worries amid this crisis?
In this episode, Janelle Christa joins us to discuss how we can tap into our emotions and turn into the fundamental things that make us human. She shares how meditation and breathing can make us feel lighter and more at ease. Janelle also talks about energy vampires and social media, which is part of her new book, Spiritual Ninja.
If you want to know how you can practice healing and walk the spiritual path, make sure you tune in to the full episode!
Here are three reasons why you should listen to the full episode:
- Discover how you can go through your spiritual journey amid the quarantine period.
- What exactly is an energy vampire, and how do they take energy from you?
- How does Janelle feel radically loved? Find out toward the end of the episode.
- The thing she’s always 100% most excited about is healing.
- Being a single mom, she turned to healing and eventually turned to helping other people awaken to that journey.
- She channels healing through writing, filmmaking, courses, and retreats.
The Biggest Obstacle in Quarantine
- It’s the mystery of the unknown of how long this is going to last.
- Everybody likes to have control of their lives and schedules.
- These limiting energies come out as blame, rage, and anger. It can be transitional and helpful, but when we are locked into them, it can feel hopeless.
- Because the pandemic is happening on a global scale, it brings people together.
Advice for People Going Through Their Spiritual Journey During This Time
- Step into what makes you human and allows the full kaleidoscope of emotions within you.
- Allow yourself to tap into these emotions, but don’t go so deep into them. Just be aware of them.
- Practicing mindfulness amid a crisis or loneliness can be difficult. But it's essential to go into the foundations that make us human and turn to them as much as we can.
- The easiest way to tap into these elements is through breathing.
Easing the Feeling of Inertia and Heaviness
- It’s all about baby steps. Be gentle and patient with yourself.
- Go in meditation and close your eyes. Imagine putting a bubble around you and calling in a form that can be your shield and protector.
- Cut the barrier between you and the rest of the world.
- Take away the energy that doesn’t belong, and you’re going to feel lighter.
How to Avoid Energy Vampires on Social Media
- A lot of times, we paint energy vampires as toxic people.
- Some energy vampires are just jealous or envious, but there are also people who see the light in you and try to grab hold of that.
- When a person's energy is sucked, they may feel like they need to give their energy away because they unconsciously remember someone they need to please.
- When you start to recognize that in yourself, it will be empowering.
- Try to see the other person as another human who's just looking for a connection.
Mindfulness in Using Social Media
- Be aware of the unseen elements that create negative energies on social media.
- Janelle says that it’s valuable to put a shield around you before you get on social media.
- Even though we are interacting on social media from across the world, we're all connected because we’re all made of energy.
Janelle’s Overall Relationship with Social Media as a Spiritual Leader
- She has a natural desire to challenge people and shake their beliefs.
- Janelle thinks that the key to using social media is having limits.
Janelle’s Definition of Freedom
- Freedom for Janelle is being able to express yourself freely, to have whatever type of relationship, and freedom from negative ego.
- She believes that the biggest problem in our entire world is superiority.
- Superiority keeps us so separate from each other.
5 Powerful Quotes from This Episode
“If all you can do one day is you get up and you eat, and you do the dishes, and that's like the gist of it, okay. Great. At least you did that.”
“Create a healthy boundary to create a healthy connection with that person.”
“You don't want your self-esteem to get wrapped around if people are liking your stuff or not. There’s so much different things that can get pulled into that. We have to just be honest and real; we do have feeling.”
“Freedom from superiority—I feel like that is freedom really, where you’d just be in union. You can see one another as equal, not less than, not more than.”
“I feel radically loved when I forgive myself. Maybe I don’t forgive myself or others for what they did, but I can forgive them for why they did it.”
Janelle Christa is an intuitive healer and spiritual guide, an author, producer, and filmmaker. She leads a journey of mastering the tools of healing arts and transforming people’s lives. Over the past 12 years, she has worked with thousands of clients in individual and group settings, including Hollywood celebrities and Fortune 500 companies. As an artist, Janelle is the youngest coach ever to work with the prestigious Frontline Performance Group.
You can connect with Janelle through her website, Instagram, and Facebook. Also, don’t forget to subscribe to her YouTube channel.
This episode is brought to you by Brooklinen
- Brooklinen’s Memorial Day Event is going on now, and you don’t want to miss out on all the big savings including their newest Hammam and Linen collections.
- But if you can’t wait, get 10% off your first order and free shipping with promo code [loved], only at Brooklinen.com
Brooklinen – everything you need to live your most comfortable life.
This episode is brought to you by NOOM.
You don’t have to change it all in one day. Small steps make big progress.
What do you have to lose?
Visit noom.com/LOVED to start your trial today.
Enjoy the Podcast?
If you felt radically loved from listening to this podcast, subscribe and share it with the people you love!
Love to give us 5 stars? If you do, we'd love a review from you. Help us reach more people and make them feel loved.
Do you want to help transform people’s lives through mindfulness and meditation? A simple way is to share what you've learned today on social media.
Don't forget to send us messages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Thanks for listening!
To feeling radically loved,